This is going to be my next project to have a spinning computer within a 3D environment.
So that the project will be able to compile within different operating system environments, Windows and Linux mainly since I do not have a Mac PC.
These are going to be my 3 parts of the project.
- Create dual environment to develop in (OpenGL/DirectX)
- 3D maths library, so that each environment can use the same computational engine to move the objects about
- Draw the computer and make it spin
Afterwards, I am going to link the mouse movement from the hardware mouse a mouse pointer on the spinning computer and also have surrounding environment for the computer to bump into if things move.
So the next 3 steps would be
- Mouse pointer within the spinning computer controlled by the hardware mouse
- Create surrounding environment
- Move parts of the surrounding environment (e.g. a office chair) and test for any collisions
I am going to be writing this in c++ and/or c#, with some additional libraries from the DirectX framework set.
NOTE: Just noticed the Linux/Windows ORGE 3D engine!.